WELL WOMAN HEALTH CHECK
A well woman health check provides women of all ages with the assurance and peace of mind that there are no concerns from a gynaecological health point of view.
Who may benefit from a well woman health check and how often is it performed?
- Any woman may choose this option. The frequency is entirely up to the individual woman but annual checks are popular.
What does it involve?
- A well woman check covers a range of women’s health issues. It is designed to be proactive and screen for various conditions. It is also intended to be educational, informative and an opportunity for any concerns to be addressed.
A well woman check will include the following:
- Consultation with a Consultant Gynaecologist, including a pelvic examination
- Blood pressure and BMI (Body Mass Index) assessment
- Contraception and sexual health review
- Written report
The following tests can also be added to a well woman check (at an additional cost paid to the clinic):
- Cervical screening (PAP smear) test, including HPV testing
- Blood tests – Full Blood Count, Liver and Kidney function, Thyroid function test, Lipid profile, vitamin D
- Swab tests for sexually transmitted infections
- Ultrasound scan
Cost of Well Woman Health Check – £230
Cost of additional tests – These costs are set by the clinic and are subject to change. Confirmation of pricing will be given at the time of enquiry.