Mr Philippe de Rosnay
Mr Philippe de Rosnay is a consultant Gynaecologist & Laparoscopic (‘key-hole’) Surgeon and Obstetrician at Chelsea & Westminster NHS Foundation Trust, based at the West Middlesex Hospital site. He believes in delivering high quality, patient-centred care in a professional and personalised manner. He is committed to ensuring that patients are listened to and are given adequate time to fully understand their treatment choices. Diagnoses and all available management options are explained in a caring, compassionate and easily understood way.
Mr de Rosnay is a skilled surgeon and has a special interest in urogynaecological disorders, often referred to as pelvic floor dysfunction. These include conditions such as urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and childbirth-associated perineal trauma. He is also experienced in managing a wide range of general gynaecological conditions such as menstrual disorders, menopause and pelvic pain from a variety of causes e.g. fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis (See ‘Conditions’ and ‘Treatments’).
- MBBCh – Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery
- MRCOG – Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
- CCT – Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training
- FRANZCOG – Fellow of the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
- RCOG – Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
- RANZCOG – Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
- BSUG – British Society of Urogynaecology
- BSGE – British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- MDU – Medical Defence Union
- GMC – General Medical Council
Areas of interest
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Urinary incontinence
- Laparoscopic (‘key-hole’) and Hysteroscopic surgery
- Pelvic pain
- Menstrual disorders
- Ovarian cysts
- Well woman checks including cervical (pap) smears & contraceptive advice
Personal and professional biography
Mr de Rosnay was born and raised in South Africa. He has dual nationality, French and South African.
He obtained his undergraduate medical degree from Wits University in Johannesburg. His internship was undertaken at Baragwanath Hospital, the largest hospital in Africa.
Following his medical training in South Africa, Mr de Rosnay moved to the United Kingdom where he embarked on specialist training in Obstetrics & Gynaecology in the North West Thames area of London. This involved rotating through a number of prestigious hospitals including St Mary’s, Queen Charlotte’s, West Middlesex, Hillingdon and Watford.
After completing his specialist training he moved to Australia and underwent a 2-year fellowship in advanced laparoscopic surgery at the Sydney Women’s EndoSurgery Centre. He returned to the United Kingdom and took up a consultant post in Obstetrics & Gynaecology at West Middlesex University Hospital.
Mr de Rosnay is currently the lead Consultant in Urogynaecology. He has a special interest in female pelvic floor dysfunction and childbirth-associated perineal trauma.
New Victoria Hospital
184 Coombe Lane West, Kingston Upon Thames KT2 7EG
020 8949 9000
BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital
Sudbury Hill, Harrow HA1 3RX
020 8872 3872
BMI Syon Clinic
941 Great West Road, Brentford TW8 9DU